The races have a very broad range of ability so don't go thinking you need to be fast to enter. They can be hard work but are a great way to improve your running. The ladies races tend to be about 8k/5m and the gents a little longer ~9.5k/6m but those can very at different venues.
The cost is £5 each for each league. That's right, race 4 or 5 times for a fiver!
All you need to take part is a club vest and a smile. If you have trail/fell shoes they will be ideal or you may want to splash out on a set of spikes if you end up enjoying it lots. As many of the venues are a bit of a drive away and parking can be tight we will organise car shares.
Anybody wanting more information should speak to Dominic Sexton at the club. You can now sign up and pay online, see link below.
Sign up here please note this is only for members of Hyde Village Striders! For other clubs ask your XC Secretary how to sign up. Non club members should contact the leagues directly.
New - download this season's iCal file to import into your calendar/diary app (not Filofax compatible).
Sat 27th October, University Playing Fields, Kenworthy Woods, Wythenshawe - 13:00
MACCL - please note no entries on the day
Saturdays, ladies start 13:30, gents 14:30.
- Oct 13 - Wythenshawe Park, Manchester
- Nov 10 - University Playing Fields, Kenworthy Woods, Wythenshawe
- Dec 1 - Woodbank Park, Stockport
- Jan 12 - Heaton Park, Manchester
- Feb 9 - University Playing Fields, Kenworthy Woods, Wythenshawe
Saturdays, ladies start 13:40, gents 14:20.
- Oct 20 - Heaton Park, Middleton
- Dec 15 - Tandle Hill, Oldham
- Jan 19 - Heaton Park, Middleton
- Feb 16 - Yarrow Valley Park, Chorley PR7 3QL